cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

PDF Annotations on Chromebooks

I'm wondering if anyone in this Community might have discovered a clever way to allow students to write on PDFs on a Chromebook. We have been looking at Kami but I wanted to make sure there wasn't another option out there that I'm missing.

For example: the teacher uploads a PDF of practice math problems into a Canvas assignment. The student opens the PDF and is able to write on it to show their work. The student then saves and submits the PDF back to the teacher with the work. 

There is a great feature idea (I don't know how it doesn't have a million votes) to add this ability native to Canvas: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9217-student-pdf-annotations-on-web-browser-version  Students have the ability to do this on iOS and Android, so it would be really awesome if they were able to do it within the web browser in Windows, MacOS, or ChromeOS.

We've been looking into the new Lenovo 300e Chromebook that allows you to write on the screen with an everyday pencil. I feel like that could really help the teacher and student transition to a paperless classroom. 

We could have the students and teachers use the OneNote Class Notebook integration as well to show work but I'd rather keep things as native to Canvas as possible.

11 Replies
Highlighted

When I signed up (before they gave me the trial) the ads appeared in the gray area on the right side. It's also mentioned on their pricing page: Pricing | Kami  

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I love this program! I've been thinking about this for weeks now and bam I come across this article right when I was thinking I was just going to have to shell out for Adobe on my own! Although my district is getting Chromebooks, but they will not be ones with a stylus which would have made this an even cooler find! Baby steps! Thanks for all the good tips!!

0 Kudos