cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learner

Pearson Realize Integration

Jump to solution

Has anyone been able to integrate Pearson Realize (K-12 curriculum) with Canvas?  I know that the MyLab part of Pearson do, but we just adopted the K-12 piece and would love for it to merge into Canvas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Learner II

At this point it looks like this integration is more of a common cartridge export and less of an LTI. A common cartridge export will allow you to take content from one system and move it into another so you don't have to recreate it. This is done via a file export and import process.

An LTI can bring in content and pass information between tools securely, like (user identity, assignment dates, scores, etc.). Realize may support some level of LTI but it's not clear from any of their documentation and this appears to be in beta with a limited and select number of districts.

For now, the best thing to do would be to contact your representatives at Pearson and see if you can get in on the trial.  If you are one of the first to get this going, please give us an update here on how it works. :smileygrin:

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Surveyor II

I was told that Realize would not have LTI capability for Canvas or any other LMS. Our teachers are experimenting with a workflow to include the use of Realize this semester.

Would you mind sharing what your teachers are using as a workflow with Realize? ​

This is our first semester with Canvas. We also relaunched Realize this year after a slow integration with PowerSchool last year.

With those qualifying statements, our teachers are experimenting with "workflow" this semester. Our suggestion was to create assignments with clear directions about the resource activity in Realize. It's too early to consider results.

We were also told that Pearson Realize does not have LTI capability.  Our teachers are very frustrated with the number of student clicks needed to get to an assignment. Would LOVE suggestions! Will share if we come up with any ideas.

Learner II

At this point it looks like this integration is more of a common cartridge export and less of an LTI. A common cartridge export will allow you to take content from one system and move it into another so you don't have to recreate it. This is done via a file export and import process.

An LTI can bring in content and pass information between tools securely, like (user identity, assignment dates, scores, etc.). Realize may support some level of LTI but it's not clear from any of their documentation and this appears to be in beta with a limited and select number of districts.

For now, the best thing to do would be to contact your representatives at Pearson and see if you can get in on the trial.  If you are one of the first to get this going, please give us an update here on how it works. :smileygrin:

View solution in original post

This is funny, weird, whatever--our Pearson rep was in our office yesterday, and shared that they are ready for Common Cartridge--at no cost!  If anyone does this now, as we will probably wait, please let me know!

Community Member

So from what I understand is that you won't be able to embed things from Pearson Realize to Canvas? Has anyone been using Canvas and Realize? How is it going?

Surveyor

Hello! I recently received the TCC and Key/Secret combos for our Realize textbooks. However, I need to install the LTI portion to access the TCC. They only gave me the Key/Secret no config url. I've tried a few things but cannot get this to work. Has anyone else received this info and have you successfully installed the TCC's? If so, please tell me what you did to make that happen. TIA!

Learner

I am just excited that there is a possibility of using Realize inside of Canvas. Hopefully someone will figure it out.  We have started working on this with our HMH materials. The files come in as thin common cartridge and can't all be loaded in at once because it bogs Canvas down so much. I really hope that Realize comes out with an LTI rather than common cartridge.