Playing with HTML - Part 1

Surveyor
5 8 1,384

I discovered this excellent post by jperkins@instructure.com, titled Using J Query without custom Javascript. I immediately set to work making my next set of Assignments (and my first Module) something more attention getting than just a long scrolling page. I'm familiar with HTML and comfortable enough to modify snippets of code, so I started copying, pasting, and tinkering. 

Integumentary System Module screenshot

I'm very excited to make an assignment page into something more engaging and I'm even more excited to play with code and get in under the hood to see how I can soup this thing up! To go to the second installment click here!

8 Comments
Community Member

Nice! Looking good! 

Surveyor

Thanks! I'm working on a breakdown of how I did it in order to show how easy it is. I should have that post up in a few days.

Community Member

Your code looks something like this right?

<div class="tabs">
<ul>
<li><a href="#tabs-1">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="#tabs-2">DatePicker</a></li>
<!--<li><a href="#tabs-3">Dialog</a></li>-->
</ul>
<div id="content">
<div class="home" id="tabs-1">
<p>This is a tab format. In these tabs you will see some jQuery UI</p>
</div>
<div class="datePicker" id="tabs-2">
<p>Date Picker: <input type="text" class="datepicker" /></p>
</div>
<!--<div class="dialog" id="tabs-3">
</div>-->
</div>
</div>

Not exactly because this is from another project but something like that?

Surveyor

Yes, really similar. I'm trying to write up an explanation that my colleagues can follow!

Community Member

I took a jQuery course on Codecademy and I learned to code from Codecademy.

Surveyor

Me too!

Community Member

What is your username(mine is StevenCopeland)?

Surveyor

mine is mrmoscienceland

About the Author
I have been in education for 20 years. My career started as a middle school math and science teacher and then moved to teaching science at the high school level. After 10 years, I went back to school and earned my Master's Degree in Education Media with a focus on Instructional Technology. Now I'm back in the (virtual) classroom for the start of the 2020-2021 school year!
Labels