cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner

Point distribution for matching

Jump to solution

One of my teachers created a test with a matching question in it. Our question is, if we give a point value of 10 pts for the question (there are 10 components to it), will it give partial credit for ones correct or will it be an all or nothing question? It seems like, if they get some of them correct, then they should get some points for the question.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

lhenson@bridgeportisd.net​, per this guide - How do I create a Matching quiz question? - (scroll to the very bottom) you can see that students will get partial credit for matching questions. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

lhenson@bridgeportisd.net​, per this guide - How do I create a Matching quiz question? - (scroll to the very bottom) you can see that students will get partial credit for matching questions. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So sorry - I looked at this guide, but looked too quickly and missed the image at the bottom with my answer. I assume it will distribute the points evenly over the number of items. If there are 10 items, but you assign 20 points to the question. The student would receive 2 points for each correct answer.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes, that has been my experience. Yet, you can always test it out ahead of time using the test student or the test environment - How do I access the Canvas test environment?

Highlighted

This is no longer true in Quiz.Next