Powerschool - crosslisting

gail_bliss
Community Participant

Looking for someone who uses Powerschool and integrates with Canvas.  We are considering it, but I have a question.  We list dual enrollment classes, in Powerschool, by their individual names and the college being used.  We create a generic class called Dual Enrollment #1, #2, #3, in Canvas, for the purpose of announcements, two way communication, some other misc. assignments that have nothing to do with actual class, but we need the students to do for housekeeping, like submitting receipts for books, etc.  By doing this the teacher, over the dual enrollment, has all her cherubs in one class for easy and quick contact.  Not all our classes are like this, though and if we integrate with Canvas, I have been told we need to do all or nothing.  I am wondering if we can create all those individual classes (Comp 101, Psych 101, etc.) and then cross list them under Dual Enrollment #1, if that would work.  If she were to go in and enter a grade for Suzy who takes Comp 101 and for Joe who takes Psych 101, through the Dual Enrollment #1 class, would those grades push into Powerschool as Comp 101 and Psych101?  I hope you can understand what I am asking, lol.

0 Likes