cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Selling Points for Using Canvas

As a principal, what do you find to be the selling points for using Canvas in your school? In other words, how does using Canvas in your school benefit you as a principal?

J.F.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

jan8895@yahoo.com, I'm not a K12 Principal, so I can't directly help with this question, but there was a pretty good discussion that was slightly similar and that you might find useful - Canvas vs. Schoology in K12 - your experience?

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Janice -

My building principal has shared that he likes being able to complete "digital walk-throughs". He can look at what individual teachers are doing in the classroom, beyond the school day. He also appreciates knowing that students have a similar experience throughout their day and that the students don't have to learn multiple pieces of software to get to their learning.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'd be happy to ask him for you!

Kristin

Highlighted
Community Member

As a district instructional technology coach we are would like for our administration to become more familiar with Canvas so that they have a better understanding into the day and life of a digital teacher. Our goal is to use Canvas as a platform to deliver administration meetings so that administrators actively participate as a student first. Once comfortable with the features of Canvas we hope that our administration will they model effective use of Canvas with staff.

Highlighted

Courtney, I think you've hit a very important point. Admins can set an example for their faculty by appropriately using the tool they provide and advocate for. That can go a long way toward selling it.

Highlighted
Adventurer II

Our Middle School principal encourages teachers to have a "one stop" calendar for students and parents to see all due dates and important events, which makes Canvas good for all stakeholders!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

We build school-wide courses for our principals to use. They can do things like send Announcements to the whole student body and assign things like Surveys to certain grade levels. We also build them a faculty-only course that they use to collect Lesson Plans from their teachers.