Sharing Interactive Content Resources to Embed in Pages

Jump to solution
ewasson
Community Explorer

Hi Canvas Family!

I would love to start a discussion where we share interactive content resource ideas with each other!  As a K12 teacher, I found that embedding content from external interactive sites really enhanced the interactivity and excitement in my Canvas courses.  Just by generating or finding the embed code for this content, we are able to bring many more learning opportunities into the Canvas learning environment versus having to send students outside of Canvas to complete tasks and activities.  Some of my favorite K12 friendly interactive sites that embed well into Canvas are (click on the icons to go to the sites):

ResourceDescription
Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.53.36 PM.pngCreate shareable spaces (called walls) where students can share ideas, work products, images, brainstorms, etc.  I used it a lot at the start of a lesson or module to get them thinking about the topic we were learning.
Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.58.04 PM.pngCreate a web newsletter or design an information or content page with help from their templates. It can be a great place to create homepage content or have students create these instead of physical posters for projects and submit them in the Assignment tool.
Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 5.00.32 PM.pngTurn your existing PowerPoint into a more engaging and interactive lesson or create a new lesson from scratch.  So many options for getting students more involved with the content in your class.
thinglink-logo.jpgUse this site to annotate videos and graphics for content pages. It helps to make content come more to life on your pages because students click around and explore the tags and links you add.

I would love to learn about some additional resources from all of you!  I look forward to seeing what you share.

1 Solution
kendra_jarvis
Community Contributor

You can embed Tricider  Answer Garden, and EdPuzzle as well.

View solution in original post