cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Students can no longer view Instructor feedback since the POST issue

Instructor feedback is not displaying for the students. From the instructor, "Are there also issues with the comments on assignments? It used to be that when the students clicked on grades, they will see little chat bubbles next to each assignment that has a comment on it. My students have messaged me today/yesterday asking about their Module 4 Discussion grade, so I investigated and noticed now when they go to the grade screen, they are not seeing the chat bubble indicating there is feedback. I'm attaching two screenshots to show you. The first is from the student's grade screen showing NO comment bubbles. The 2nd is when you click on the assignment, you can see that I did post feedback on the assignment yesterday morning."

So we are noticing that the feedback is that displaying for students.  We suspect this is related to the Post Grades release from last week as previous comments on assignments DO display. Or it is related to the fix. 

Anyone else noticing this?  Yes, we have a ticket. erinhallmarkcdoty@instructure.com

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Susan,

I checked the engineering ticket associated with your case, and the ticket was part of the fixes that were deployed earlier this evening to the production environment. The fixes aren't retroactive so they won't fix any existing comment visibility, and our engineering team does want to try and make previously submitted comments visible. They will look into that tomorrow. Meanwhile, Canvas support provided a workaround of hiding the grades and then showing them again if needed.

Thanks,

Erin

Thank you for the post but you can imagine the frustration to tell the same teachers to manipulate assignments for the 2nd time in a week - last week as grades weren’t auto posting and again as teacher comments aren’t visible to students. Our high school students are suspect that something is wrong with Canvas. The students continue to hit roadblocks while navigating their courses that end August 2. As a virtual high school we also receive messages from parents as to what is going on.

Hi, Susan,

Yup, we do! I just checked with our engineers about running a backend datafix to help out and they're looking into it! I'll let you know when I know more.

Thanks,

Erin

Hi, Susan,

Will you spot check some assignments in your course and see if comments are displaying?

Thanks,

Erin