cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

What happened to the Grade Sync Log?

We are a longtime user of the PowerSchool integration. As an Admin, I used to be able to click on the "Grade Sync" navigation option and see detailed information about syncs done by every teacher. The display included the teacher's name and the status. Now all I see is a course number, so I have to try to figure out which teacher that log belongs to. The Grade Sync option is also gone on the Admin side and is now buried under the "SIS Integration" option.

When I go into a teacher's course, I do not always see the "Grade Sync" option for their course at all.

What has happened to my helpful "Grade Sync" option!  It's hard enough dealing with PowerSchool as it is.

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.11.44 AM.png

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

I am looking for answers to the same questions!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer

I found it under the "SIS Integration" option as an Admin. It is now showing a few teacher's names under the "Posted by" column, but only a few.

I also discovered something else that is interesting. I didn't realize that one of my teachers had hidden the "Grade Sync" option in her course navigation. This apparently disabled it. When she tried to run a sync, nothing happened. Once I put the "Grade Sync" option back on the course navigation, it started working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor II

We had some teachers move Grade Sync so that it was hidden, even to the teacher and myself. Once we took it out, we can use it again. However, the same issues as you are having. The details are sketchy at best. Sometimes there are no details at all. I know that the teacher tried to sync last week, but there is no evidence of it in the Grade Sync (formerly Monitoring and Reporting). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, this is such a critical troubleshooting tool and now I feel like I am working in the dark half the time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lamplighter II

We had the same issues, so we contacted our CSM to see where the logs went. Turns out, there was a larger issue with our passback server, so it took some work from Instructure to get the logs back.

If you click on the status (Completed) on the right, you can see any issues for that session, but there is no general error log view. Plus, that modal only shows three issues (of potentially dozens). We brought that up with our CSM in our last meeting, but haven't heard back yet.

And I agree with @nlatimer, we relied heavily on those logs to help close work orders and create help documents. Losing the logs has hurt that process big time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer

Thanks so much for this information. I am extremely frustrated at how difficult it is to even talk to the K12 team now, after 7 years of being a Canvas customer. If you get any further information on this, can you please share it here? It would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos