cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Which badge app have you had the most success with?

I would like to start using a badge system with my students within Canvas.  I noticed that there are a couple different apps that have badges and am wondering which is best?  Thoughts?

Tags (2)
25 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Deactivated user you explain what you mean by "reporting"?

Highlighted

bfeist@fpschools.org. Being able to track which learners have received badges. What badges they have received and when they earned them.

Highlighted

Badgr is a platform that uses Open Badges and can be integrated with Canvas in less than 5 minutes.  Since it uses Open Badges, you can issue badges outside of Canvas using the same (or different) issuer.  We also offer backpack features, like Mozilla Backpack.

Within Canvas, Badgr does automatic badge awards based on module completion, but we've seen a lot of instructors get creative with the way they set things up. With the new Canvas release of MasteryPaths, there may be greater flexibility (I have not yet checked out the functionality). 

I'd be happy to give you a demo and show you how Badgr works if you'd like. We are a Canvas preferred partner and are regularly releasing new feature updates.

Highlighted
Community Member

After reading two previous threads...

Badges for Learning 

Badgr ... is it working for you? 

I figure I tie the knot as I find this question post Smiley Happy 

If you have questions about Canvabadges or Badgr, you might want to read the threads above.

And after watching this  

And this  lstark@instructure.com

khammond@concentricsky.com 

If Badgr works well with masterypaths‌

That would be very exciting! snufer 

cclowes@thehill.org‌ let's activate this...

Canvas Release: MasteryPaths 

Highlighted

Mike,

I'd love to start using Badges in Canvas, but really having a hard time getting started.  We tried Canvabadges, but it was more cumbersome and there seems to really be no good place to view the badge.  What are your thoughts on how to get started with this?  

Highlighted

I agree. There is no easy way to view the awarded badges. There is some javascript on canvabadges.org that will allow the badges to be displayed within student profiles, but that is the extent of 'showing badges' as far as I know.

For installation help, I wrote a help document here.

For tracking who has been awarded which badges, I would recommend looking into a different badging system, like the ones I mentioned above.

It's probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope at least the knowledge is useful.

Highlighted

Hi Joe - It is my understanding that CanvaBadges are not actively being maintained. I'd be happy to show you Badgr's Canvas app if you are interested. It is reallly easy and we have some good badge viewing, tracking and sharing features. Feel free to contact me anytime help@badgr.io 

Highlighted
Community Member

I've used Canvabadges and Badgr and Badgr seems easier to use and you can download your own designs.  Plus Canvabadges isn't being maintained.  But I'm fairly new to badging.

Highlighted
Community Member

I started with Canvabadge, but now use Badger. It will automatically award badges based on module completion.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

We are using Badgr as well for the same reasons mentioned by others. We can import our own designs, and it will auto award based on module requirements being met.