Canvas benefits over Blackboard

e_provensal
Community Participant

Hi all,

I am on week 2 of a new job where I am tasked with running the pilot program for Canvas. I have used Canvas at a previous institution for a number of years and am fairly comfortable with the benefits. I have not used Blackboard, however, as my previous migration experience was from an internally developed LMS to Canvas. What I basically wanted to know is if anyone has a one-pager or any type of document that outlines the benefits of Canvas over Blackboard. If I can go into my strategy meetings with this type of document or knowlege I think it would make adoption easier. I can work on creating it but just thought I would throw it out to this group in case someone has already developed something similar that they would be able to share. I have a tool comparison document, but basically am looking for more of a "sales pitch" document to persuade people to join the pilot.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@e_provensal , greetings! We came over from Angel, so I can't help much with your question. Yet, what I have done is shared your question with a few other groups/areas of the Community to try and increase visibility of your request.

Hope this helps! Kona

e_provensal
Community Participant

Great, thank you so much for your help!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

You may also find these three resources and discussions helpful?  Or you may be able to reach out to the authors and participants specifically?

Before You Migrate Courses From Blackboard to Canvas 

Preparing Your Canvas: Tying it all up (that's a rollup of an 11-part blog series)

Transitioning Faculty from Blackboard to Canvas