Standards in AP courses

BrittCzupryna
Community Member

Thank you for preloading the AP Standards into your system. 

A few things I've noticed related to AP Biology: 

• The Defined Skills are missing from the standard set. These are just as important as the content standards. It would be great if we could choose a practice and a skill to align each question to. 
  • The standards list is LONG. This is the nature of an AP Course. However, when making a multiple choice test/score bubble sheet, it would be useful to be able to type in the first few letters of the standard (search) from the drop-down menu, instead of scrolling through the very long list)
  • It would also be nice to be able to opt to have the standards in alpha order from the dropdown menu (or default to this). I have them organized in my course tracker by unit, and they have automatically populated the drop-down menu by unit. But when searching a dropdown menu of 100+ standards that are coded SYI 1.B.3 when organized by unit, it is very frustrating and quite easy to accidentally select the wrong one. When the answer key is saved, I cannot easily change a standard once it is saved, which creates a new frustrating problem- I have to remake the entire answer key and rescan student bubble sheets. 
  • I've noticed at least 2 standards were left out of the AP Biology pre-loaded content standards. I have no idea who to inform about that. 
0 Likes