cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lamplighter

Are your links to specific modules working in mobile?

Jump to solution

Howdy,

I use the Canvas App on my Android phone and my links to specific modules on the modules page (from a wiki page) are not behaving as they should. For instance, when I'm trying to goto Lesson 4, it used to take me to the lesson 4 module, now instead it just takes me to the first module on the modules page.

It it just me/my phone or is it happening to anyone else? Is it happening in iOS too?

Tagging in some folks who may have insights: pcraighill@instructure.com‌, kristin.lundstrum@delasalle.com‌, Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu

Any help is appreciated,
Cheers - Shar

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Lamplighter

Happy New Month!

I logged into my Canvas Student Android app today to check on one thing and found the links to a specific module are now working as they should! Hurrah!! Smiley Happy

Mobile app opening to a specific module

Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Shar - I just checked this out, and that happens to me as well. I have the main image on my homepage linked to our current module. I just checked it, and it brings me to the first module instead of the correct module.

Highlighted

Hi Kristin,

And what device are you using?

Thanks for checking,
Shar

Highlighted

Hi again! I'm using Canvas Student v6.4 on a Google Pixel.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just checked this using v6.3.3 on my iPad Air 2, and the module "jump" works as expected! No issues for iOS. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Aww man so it's just us Android users, bummer. :smileyconfused:

Thank-you for checking.

So how do we get it fixed? I'm not seeing how to submit a help ticket from the app.

Alas - Shar

Highlighted

Hi Shar, If you have the page with the links open, swipe right from the very left of the screen. Then click the gear, then help! I submitted a ticket as well. (How do I get help with the Student app on my Android device?‌)

Highlighted
Surveyor

How did you create the links on your page? Are they relative paths? If so, did you try with absolute path too (starting with http(s))?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Howdy,

I used the content selector, picking links from the Modules category. These are relative links. I'll try doing a full-path with the http(s) but I think Canvas will automatically change that to relative link since it's within the course.

Thanks for the idea!

Cheers - Shar

Highlighted

Ok, Canvas should keep any url as written in html (or e.g pasted in the url field), even if it's within the course. Let us know if it changes anything Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors