Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Canvas Mobile Teacher Wishlist

Hello fellow Canvas Mobile users!

I know this conversation has come up in the past, but I think with InstructureCon coming up, it's worth discussing again.

We all know that the Canvas app is great for students, and has some utlity for teachers, but is missing important features.

Let's start a list below of the top 3 things you would love to do on mobile as a teacher. Let's use this forum to be heard. I'll go first!

Labels (1)
18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

1. "View" grades in the app. Not necessarily be able to adjust them, but have a mobile gradebook view.
  2. Adjust settings on assignments. If I need to change a due date or submission type, I want to do this from my phone (this is available for Android, but not iOS).
  3. Publish and unpublish everything in the app.
Highlighted
Community Member

I would like the ability to enroll students from the iOS app.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

As a teacher...

1.  Publish/Unpublish any item or module

2.  Adjust graded items from my iPad

3.  At-a-glance gradebook. Even if this started as students' overall scores or if it was by assignment categories, it would be a huge help.

My students would like to see...

1.  Easier navigation to teacher feedback on assignments

2.  Peer Reviews

3.  What-If-Scores for iOS

Highlighted

Viewing grades is a priority item. It is hard to be mobile without easy access to the most time honored and basic teacher's document.

Highlighted
Community Member

For students: the ability to download course materials within the app. I previously proposed this as an idea​ but it never materialized. I continue to hear this need all the time from our students. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Member

I would love to see the rest of the quiz question types added into the supported Mobile Quiz options. As a course designer I want to utilize as many quiz question types as possible, especially fill-multiple-blank and matching questions. However, students can't take the quiz through the mobile app if these question formats are present.

Highlighted
Explorer II

I would love to see the app allow for rich content (e.g., accordion menus) so that the Canvas experience is the same across platforms and devices.

Other than that, everything is gravy.

Highlighted

This is a really interesting idea. I had a great discussion with another person at InstructureCon about this - the ability to download files from the course files for offline consumption. Is this sorta along those lines?

Edit: The link wasn't working initially, turns out the link was missing a colon. I can get in now, and it sure looks like that's about the same thing!

Highlighted

Downloading files for offline use would be an amazing addition. While my school has 1:1 iPads, not all of our students have WiFi at home.

Top Kudoed Authors