The Canvas Student app for iOS just released an update and includes a bunch of bug fixes. If you were having any of the following issue, test the app again. If it fixes or doesn't fix your issues, please share!
* Fixed a crash on login
* Fixed showing the wrong participants when replying to a group message
* Fixed course grades for observers
* Fixed linking to a course's front page
* Fixed login links that open in a new tab (including discovery pages)
* Fixed bugs with annotation permissions
* Fixed pasting into rich content editors
* Fixed replying to group discussions
* Fixed bugs with linking to files
* Fixed a bug that would cause the wrong date to be displayed for imported discussions and announcements
* We now show the submissions tab when following a link to an assignment submission
* We now automatically show the login page when launching the app using an unauthorized link which allows users to bypass the domain search
* Logging out will now prevent push notifications from being received
* Fixed a bug that would cause the app to randomly log out
We just received a report about users have trouble accessing the pages index from within the Canvas Student app. (We have a few sites that distribute content primarily via the Pages Index page.) And I'm wondering if a recent update changed how the Pages Index is handled in Canvas Student for iOS.
In Canvas Student (on iOS, version 6.2.7), a link to the Pages Index page on the front page loads the pages index within the web browser rather than in the mobile app, and this behavior seems to be causing some confusion. (In Canvas Student for Android, this displays the list of pages on the pages index page.)
Without a link to the pages index (.../pages), there doesn't seem to be any way to access the list of pages in the iOS app -- just the designate front page. Am I missing something here?
There is a setting that was added not too long ago that you can try. It helps with login issues.
On your phone go to:
Settings > Canvas (scroll down a bunch) > Turn On "Reset Cache on Next Launch
Launch the app again. Let me know if this helps!
I was doing some work in the app last night and noticed that I had issues with Pages on my iPhone X but not my iPhone 6s. At first when I was opening the Pages section when a front page was set, I would just get the front page and no access to other pages, like you described. When I removed the front page setting I get the following error.
I don't get this issue with my iPhone 6s though?
Anyone else seeing this?
Hi Ryan Seilhamer,
Thanks for the update!
My testing seems to suggest that this is fixed, except for one edge case where the pages index page is linked to by the URL, rather than using the content selector in the RCE. That link still loads the Pages Index page within the mobile web browser rather than in the Canvas Student app.
I just tested this out and it worked. Maybe I'm not understanding the edge case, but I copied the link to the Pages index from the address bar and linked directly to it in a Canvas Page (essentially, I didn't use the RCE selector), and it worked just fine? Am I missing something? Thanks!