cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Canvas Student v6.2.7 for iOS

The Canvas Student app for iOS just released an update and includes a bunch of bug fixes. If you were having any of the following issue, test the app again. If it fixes or doesn't fix your issues, please share! 

Bug fixes:
* Fixed a crash on login
* Fixed showing the wrong participants when replying to a group message
* Fixed course grades for observers
* Fixed linking to a course's front page
* Fixed login links that open in a new tab (including discovery pages)
* Fixed bugs with annotation permissions
* Fixed pasting into rich content editors
* Fixed replying to group discussions
* Fixed bugs with linking to files
* Fixed a bug that would cause the wrong date to be displayed for imported discussions and announcements
* We now show the submissions tab when following a link to an assignment submission
* We now automatically show the login page when launching the app using an unauthorized link which allows users to bypass the domain search
* Logging out will now prevent push notifications from being received
* Fixed a bug that would cause the app to randomly log out

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
11 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Ryan Seilhamer,

I, alas, have no easy or obvious explanation here. We have one site (for a course that recently ended, so now it's in a concluded state) that still loads incorrectly. Our team didn't create the link on the page (which is in the form of http://canvas.upenn.edu/courses/XXXX/pages/ ) it wasn't embedded using the content selector -- which you can see if you hover over the link; there's a tool tip of "Pages" for the links created using the content selector, but not for manually created links using the hyperlink button/control-K). I'm not sure why it's loading in the mobile browser rather than in the Canvas Student app.

All the other links to pages/pages index page in my various sandbox sites work as expected now in Canvas Student.

I don't think you are missing anything. I certainly can't see anything obvious that's wrong with the link in that one site. So ... shrug?

-Linda

lindalee@wharton.upenn.edu‌, 

Yeah, maybe it's a weird edge case with this concluded course? I guess if it's not a consistent issue then we'll just blame it on a Canvas ghost and move on. If I notice the issue again, I'll report back here. Please do the same. Thanks!