cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Eraser when grading in teacher app?

Jump to solution

I have not located an eraser for drawn annotations when I am grading on the teacher app.  Did I miss it or does it not exist (yet)?

Also I cannot swipe to get to the next student if I have drawn an annotation.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

hottingert‌, sdw62@georgetown.edu‌, jfauntleroy@hannanhigh.org‌ - 

The eraser tool is now available in Canvas Teacher 1.7 for iOS. Check it out and let me know how it works for you. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jfauntleroy@hannanhigh.org‌,

I have not located an eraser for drawn annotations when I am grading on the teacher app.  Did I miss it or does it not exist (yet)?

Do you want to erase a portion of a drawn annotation? Or erase the whole drawn annotation? 

Erase a portion: This is not possible. There is no way to remove a part of a drawn annotation after it has been added.

Erase the whole annotation: This is possible. To do this, you must tap on the tool in the top bar to turn it off. Once turned off, you can touch on the annotation and it will give you a few options. One of these options is a trash can icon to delete the annotation. 

Also I cannot swipe to get to the next student if I have drawn an annotation.

Just like above, you must tap on the tool in the top bar to turn it off, then you can swipe again. 

You can see more about the draw annotation tool in the following video: 

Canvas Teacher App: Let's Facilitate! - YouTube 

Highlighted

Ah! I knew there had to be a simple trick I was missing. Thank you!!!!!

Sincerely,

Jenny Fauntleroy

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. It would definitely be useful to be able to erase a portion of an annotation (as in PDF Expert). If I make numerous comments in the same annotation "block," my only option is to delete all of them, which is less helpful. The workaround mentioned in the video you provide is to deactivate and reactivate the drawing tool (for example) more often, resulting in smaller annotation blocks. This is slightly less convenient than erasing portions of an annotation. Anyway, not a deal-breaker, but would be a nice-to-have in a future release.

Highlighted

I agree! I know they use a third party tool for their annotations on iOS and Android, so hopefully they can work with their vendors to create a better experience. 

Highlighted

I agree with you.  An eraser would be nice.  Students have an eraser when they annotate.  I don't think it would be that far of a stretch for the teachers to have one also.  Show the teachers some more love!  LOL

Community Coach
Community Coach

hottingert‌, sdw62@georgetown.edu‌, jfauntleroy@hannanhigh.org‌ - 

The eraser tool is now available in Canvas Teacher 1.7 for iOS. Check it out and let me know how it works for you. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you!  This has been the most requested feature by my teachers. Thank you!

In the initial testing that we have done today, it looks absolutely fantastic.  I think I hear my teachers weeping with joy! I'll keep on updating as more teachers update the app and use this amazing new feature.

Highlighted

hottingert‌, 

That's wonderful news! Let us know if you run into any issues. Thanks!