Mobile Quest: It's a Mobile World

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi CMUG!

Last week,  @biray explained that there are many new and awesome ways to earn Community Points during Quest for Community Domination! Along with the Mission Badges and manually-awarded Badges, there are some great learning opportunities available to everyone through Quests.

Right now, there are five quests based on the Canvas FastTrack Series‌. There is also one that  @rseilham  and I put together that focuses on, well, you guessed it, MOBILE.

If you haven't found the Quests yet, click your avatar to get to your profile page. Then, click on your progress bar (hopefully, it's slightly green to represent your activity). There, scroll down until you see Completed Quests and Available Quests.  For some of you, the playlist will be a review, and for others, we hope that the playlist will be a great overview of all things mobile.

Mobile Quest Description

Since you're a member of CMUG already, you already completed one of the quest's items! (Hooray!)

The It's a Mobile World playlist includes:

Keep watching your Available Quests, and don't be surprised if you see more mobile quests appear in the future.

@rseilham and I can't wait to read your blog posts and to see your takeaways. The potential in these conversations is amazing.

Mobile on!!

2 Comments
sbeck1
Community Champion

@KristinL ‌, while I find myself to be somewhat of a tech-savvy person, designing for mobile is where I really struggle. My position in the Learning & Teaching Center allows me to support faculty and suggest ways to increase interaction and accessibility to course content. I have shied away from discussing mobile with instructors because I wasn't really sure what to say. I really appreciate the work that you and  @rseilham ‌ put into this quest. I feel like I learned a lot, and realize how much our current courses could be lacking for those students accessing content via mobile devices. Now comes the work of better understanding the design changes needed! Thank you both! Great work!

rseilham
Community Champion

@sbeck1 ‌: Thanks for the kind words! Making your course more mobile friendly, will make your web course more friendly too. (: