Not-so-hidden Treasures: FastTrack Video Series

Community Member
4 4 211

My brief post here is going to mirror nbiddinger-c@instructure.com's original blog post about the FastTrack videos.

Quality product and service by its nature shouldn't call attention to itself for being so good, or the amount of preparation and work it took to achieve quality. (This is always my goal designing digital content in our K-12 learning space.)

These 2½ minute videos are clear and concise, and always helpful. lstark@instructure.com‌ did a great job producing and delivering these pieces. Why is the series so great? It virtually disintegrates the learning curve by embedding just the knowledge tidbits designers need on the fly. For me, this approach prevents the frustration of being stopped a brick wall of ignorance, especially when I foresee a problem area at the start of a project milestone.

So, thank you #Leslie_Stark‌, for your exemplary work on the series. I think you've set the bar that much higher for the delivery of bite-sized chunks of information, delivered right on time for us very busy designers. Is there, by the way, an index page of all the videos in the series?

4 Comments
Community Coach
Community Coach

Is there, by the way, an index page of all the videos in the series?

Yup...there is...

Canvas FastTrack Series and FastTrack: Canvas Admin Series 

Instructure
Instructure

Thank you so much ronmarx@mac.com‌, I'm humbled.  

In the month of April, I'm really excited to be adding some items based on TIM (technology integration matrix). Smiley Happy Again bite sized pieces of connecting Canvas and Learning Strategies! A special shout out to mlattke@instructure.com‌ for setting up the foundation of TIM and Canvas. 

Any feedback, suggestions, requests, let me know, I will do my best to help! 

Thanks,

Leslie

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi lstark@instructure.com‌...

I've watched several of the videos and even shared them on our Canvas dashboard for faculty.  One thing I've noticed is that for some of the videos I've had to really crank up the volume in order to hear you.  Are you using a USB connected microphone?  That might help with some of the audio. This video is an example:  where it sounds like the microphone is not real close to you.  Just a suggestion.

Instructure
Instructure

Thanks chofer@morainepark.edu‌!

I'll beg, borrow and steal a headset for better audio recording. Smiley Happy 

About the Author
I'm a modern man, a man for the century. Fire walker but smoke free, diversified multi-cultural, anatomically and ecologically correct. I've been up linked and downloaded, I've been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. Behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve, riding the wave, dodging the bullet and pushing the envelope. Teacher, lifeguard, hiker, fresh water fisherman, DIY wannabe, instructional designer, law degree, writer, always voter, supporter of the underdog, closeted artist. You can't shut me up. You can't dumb me down because I'm tireless and I'm wireless, I'm a secular humanist who knows, understands, and respects the spiritual threads in life. I'm feeling, I'm caring, I'm healing, I'm sharing—a supportive, bonding, nurturing primary care-giver. I'm a rude dude, but I'm the real deal. Lean and mean! Cocked, locked and ready-to-rock. Rough, tough and hard to bluff. I take it slow, I go with the flow, I ride with the tide. I've got glide in my stride. Drivin' and movin', sailin' and spinin', jiving and groovin, wailin' and winnin'. I don’t snooze, so I don't lose. I keep the pedal to the metal and the rubber on the road. I'm hangin' in, there ain't no doubt and I'm hangin' tough, over and out!