Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

"What If" Grades for Mobile

TL;DR

"What If" grades should be available through the mobile apps.

Describe your mobile idea.

Students have access to "What If" grades through the browser version of Canvas. This capability should be added for mobile.

How will this mobile idea benefit Canvas users?

In a recent building-wide survey, many students asked for this feature. They like the convenience of the app, but there are a few features that they would like to see in mobile. "What If" grades are helpful as students prioritize their workflow.

IMPORTANT

1. Please select from one or more categories below.
  2. DO NOT delete 'cmug mobile idea' tag, but add your own.
Labels (1)
22 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

This is definitely a highly popular feature for our students. Luckily it's available for Android, but not for iOS:

How do I check my What-if Grades in the Canvas app on my Android device? | Canvas by Instructure And...

Highlighted

Hi! Yes. We have a 1:1 iPad program in place. The request is popular among our students, for sure!

Highlighted

Completely agree. This is a parity issue. If students typically voted on these ideas, this would be at the top of the list. A recent mobile survey at UCF showed that grades are the most important feature at 92%. I'd vote for this!

Highlighted

We recently completed a survey, and "What If..." grades and easier navigation to teacher feedback (via app!) were the top requests. How can we increase voting? Do you think I should hold off on submitting a feature idea so the voting window aligns when most schools are in-session?

Highlighted

That's quite interesting. That would be a better question for someone in the Canvas Community Team. biray@instructure.com​?

Highlighted

Good question kristin.lundstrum@delasalle.com​ (and very strategic of you to think in those terms). I don't know that we've effectively looked at the patterns of behavior around idea submissions and voting frequency to confidently indicate the best time of year, month, day for an idea submission to gain better traction and visibility. Remember you can always re-submit if the idea doesn't gain momentum during the 3-month voting cycle. FWIW, I'd go ahead and submit now and get the idea out in the open, regardless. And work on generating discussions around the topic. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Great! I have a few other ideas I'll toss in a separate discussion. I'll submit this iOS update idea soon.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Here it is!

Highlighted

Was this feature implemented for iOS? I saw the link above ended up in "Cold Storage". Smiley Happy