Respondus

Jump to solution
debbie_ellis
Community Participant

One of our larger majors uses Respondus to upload their tests and quizzes to Canvas. They have been using the old Quizzes tool because we were told that Respondus does not work with New Quizzes.

With the old Quizzes being deprecated in February, will Respondus now work with New Quizzes?

0 Likes
1 Solution
themidiman
Community Champion
  1. We should keep reminding ourselves that New Quizzes is not a fully baked product so 3rd party tools that work with existing Canvas classic quiz interface would be expected to work closer to when New Quizzes will be released for prime time use (July of 2021). It took a looong time to get Respondus Lockdown Browser support, so we probably cannot expect this anytime soon (at least this year). Our CSM has told us to not invest too heavily in New Quizzes because of this. So it's on my radar but I'm still looking at New Quizzes from a distance and playing with it in a non-production setting. I know that people are invested in it now but I hear a lot of complaints about this tool without people realizing that it's not ready for prime time.
  2. Respondus has a profile called QTI, so you could switch to that profile and publish your QTI file as a QTI zip file and import into Canvas by hand 

View solution in original post

0 Likes