Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abbyrosensweig
Community Member

Are New Quizzes visible in List View Dashboard for students?

Jump to solution

While it is well known (and rightfully complained about) that New Quizzes does not connect to the instructor To Do list on the dashboard, I haven't seen whether New Quizzes items will display on a student's "List View" dashboard. Has anyone tested this? Do New Quizzes items, including regrade prompts, appear like other course items in the List View dashboard?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pennedav
Community Member

I just tested this for myself and yes it does eventually show up on the student's List View dashboard. It does take a bit for it to show up. Initially when testing I thought the answer was negative, that it didn't show up, but after waiting a while it does show up so there must be a cache that has to expire.

It's annoying about it not showing up on the todo list for instructors (confirmed this even after waiting for cache to expire), however, it does show up on the "Coming Up" section for what that's worth.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pennedav
Community Member

I just tested this for myself and yes it does eventually show up on the student's List View dashboard. It does take a bit for it to show up. Initially when testing I thought the answer was negative, that it didn't show up, but after waiting a while it does show up so there must be a cache that has to expire.

It's annoying about it not showing up on the todo list for instructors (confirmed this even after waiting for cache to expire), however, it does show up on the "Coming Up" section for what that's worth.

embleton
Community Member

I whole heartedly agree that the time delays between New Quizzes and rest of Canvas (eg Grades, notifications, etc) really bugger up testing. And that's a good indication of where instructors are going to get confused too!

abbyrosensweig
Community Member

@pennedav thanks for doing that testing and reporting your findings, much appreciated! Do you recall how long it took for the item to show up on the student dashboard - was it a matter of minutes or longer than that?

pennedav
Community Member

@abbyrosensweig It was a matter of minutes fortunately. I've found most of these caching issues resolve within less than a minute, but your mileage may vary. 🙂