cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Assigning Quizzes: Next

Jump to solution

I realize there is probably a thread for this but I cannot find it.

I have created a Quizzes: Next activity for my students so they can practice a particular question type for test-mandated testing.

PROBLEM: The quiz is complete, but I cannot find a path to set / refine date and time of the quiz delivery nor even to assign to specific sections of the course.

What am I missing??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I found my answer after about 30 minutes of searching. Poor navigation

design, but not as poor as the navigation design for getting to and from

the BUILD page. When I create or edit the content of a Quizzes: Next item,

I am taken out of my course page with no way to get back directly. I must

click on the Dashboard or the Course listing to get back to my course.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 9:53 AM moulder@upenn.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer III

Hi rswengel@perryschools.org‌, 

It can be a little tricky to find where to edit due date and availability dates in Quizzes.Next. If you are currently in the quiz, click the "Return" button in the upper right corner of the page to return to the Assignments list. To the right of the "Publish/Unpublish" icon for each assignment, there are three vertical dots. Click on the dots, then select "Edit," and "More Options" to get to the assignment details page. From there you will be able to update the due date and/or availability dates, plus other assignment details.

Here's a quick screencast:

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Highlighted

I found my answer after about 30 minutes of searching. Poor navigation

design, but not as poor as the navigation design for getting to and from

the BUILD page. When I create or edit the content of a Quizzes: Next item,

I am taken out of my course page with no way to get back directly. I must

click on the Dashboard or the Course listing to get back to my course.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 9:53 AM moulder@upenn.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi rswengel@perryschools.org.  From the Build screen of Q.Next if you hit "return", you should be taken back to the Assignments tab of the class you were in.  Is this not happening for you?  I believe that most individuals would prefer that selecting "return" take one back to the assignment settings page, but if you are taken out of your course page I would definitely let Support know about this as I would suspect this is a bug.

Highlighted
Surveyor

HI. I am having a similar problem. I have built a quiz (using the new style) but I cannot find this quiz anywhere -- not in "assignments" and not in "quizzes". I cannot figure out how to find it, set the due date, and publish it. Help?