cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can I download all student responses in Quizzes.next?

Hi,

In Canvas Quizzes, if you go into the "Quiz Statistics" area, you can view the Quiz summary with question breakdown graphs etc. On the top, you also get options to download (or generate report) for "Student analysis" and for "Item analysis".

I can't seem to locate these in Quizzes.next.

Thanks.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi s.eberhard@auckland.ac.nz‌,

You are not missing or overlooking anything. Unfortunately those features are not available in Quizzes.Next at this time.

If time allows, please share how you use these downloads and what core concern drives this use.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

Highlighted
Learner II

I have a use case for this one.  I have an instructor that has students choose 3 of five questions to respond to.  All five are on the exam.  He needs an spreadsheet that lists each student and their points for each question (after grading), so that he can recalculate the score and confirm that the students only answered 3 of the five.  Grading all the essays student by student is not a viable option as these are essay questions. He grades all of one essay, and then then next, so a student could answer and get points for 4 and the total score would be higher than it should be, so he can't just copy the total score to a new column.

In another use case, we have researchers that are analyzing individual questions and how they perform on the exam and would need individual item analysis.

Kalli

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi kbink@umn.edu‌,

Thank you for sharing those. I hope others choose to contribute as well.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

Highlighted
Community Member

I'm using quizzes.next and came here looking for this very solution, only to come to this thread. Boo hoo. I'm trying to see if I can do JiTT-style teaching by downloading submissions for all of each question for all students, rather than all questions for each student as normally done. Downloaded as .RTF would be helpful, too, for sharing in class...or provide a tool in the system to do it live by customizable presentation formats. As it is, I have been unable to find a way to even download essay results. Maybe I should be using assignments?

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I have 5th grade teachers starting to use Quizzes.Next and they reported missing the feature from the legacy tool where they could click on Quiz Statistics => Question Breakdown and not only see how many students selected each response, but then also drill down to see which students responded for each question.   Incredibly useful for teachers to know quickly if re-teaching needs to occur, and to differentiate instruction.

I am not able to find if this has already been submitted as an idea.  Does anyone know?  We would like to Vote this up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer II

It appears there is feature request for this. I agree this is very important feature to have. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13318-download-quiz-statistics-in-quizzesnext  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

I have another use case for this.  I have an instructor that wanted students to rank choices for when they would present.  He used New Quizzes and a ranking question on a quiz that he set to not be included in the grades.

He had to go to moderate quiz and click on every single attempt and manually write down their ranked choices in order to set up the class presentation schedule.

It was quite an ugly job.

Highlighted

Hi,

any progress on this?

I'm dreadful of the depreciation of the old quizzes if this is not available..

And when/if it comes I hope we could get it as semicolon-devided CSV or straight to excel..

Highlighted
Community Member

Agreed! We have only just found/gotten access to Quizzes.next and are testing it, so I have only now found this problem.

Our students submit 1-2 surveys per course for bonus points (currently set up as graded surveys which doesn't seem to be an option in the new system). We have to analyze this data 2 - 3 times per term. (I have up to 1 week from the time the survey closes to analyze 11 questions, create documents, and send personalized feedback to approximately 60 instructors.)

Manually awarding points for completion and manually pulling answers, student by student, for two to three thousand students is NOT an option.