cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmattern
Community Participant

Categorization Question Scoring

Jump to solution

Is there a way to set categorization questions to award partial credit similar to how multiple answer questions can receive partial credit?  It seems to me that if there are 5 options to sort, and a student categorizes 4 of them correctly, that answer should not be scored as a 0.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelah_meekey
Community Member

This is now voting for this idea.  If you have not up voted please do and share with your co-workers so that they can up vote also.

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12880-partial-credit-for-matching-categorization-and-sorting-q... 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @jmattern ‌,

The ability to award partial credit to a categorization question is not built but is planned for the future development.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

jmattern
Community Participant

I'm glad to hear it.  Thank you for the reply.

jmattern
Community Participant

Just wanted to follow up on this; I saw someone else had this same question back in August, and the feature was not available.  Is there still a plan to implement this?

Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

I just ran a preview with a time limit of 30 seconds and left one answer blank. The result is a grade of zero, which doesn't make sense because I should have gotten a score of 20/21.

Categorization 1

Categorization 2

angelah_meekey
Community Member

This is now voting for this idea.  If you have not up voted please do and share with your co-workers so that they can up vote also.

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12880-partial-credit-for-matching-categorization-and-sorting-q... 

Jrh120580

Is applying partial credit for Categorization questions still not available after almost 3 years later?

At what point will partial credit scoring be added to the multi-answer question types? It has been 3 years since people started asking for this! It is ridiculous for me to have to manually go back and grade multiple questions for over 150 students. The automatic grading already marks which part of the answer is correct, so why has it taken this long to add the points for it? Both Google Forms and the quiz feature in ItsLearning allow for partial credit.