cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rake_9
Learner II

Clarification on regrading

Jump to solution

Am I right in understanding https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13202-71670801949  that in order to regrade a question for all submissions, I pick 1 attempt from any student, do the re-grading there, and it applies to all submissions? 

If so, that seems like it would work, but it also seems odd.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ctitmus
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @rake_9 ,

You are correct that question regrade is accessing through an individual student's assessment attempt. From that attempt, you can adjust that student's score individually or use regrade to adjust all completed submissions.

Cody, Documentation Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ctitmus
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @rake_9 ,

You are correct that question regrade is accessing through an individual student's assessment attempt. From that attempt, you can adjust that student's score individually or use regrade to adjust all completed submissions.

Cody, Documentation Team

View solution in original post

OK.  The documentation is not clear that the option to do one or the other exists.

audra_agnelly
Adventurer III

I also found the instructions a bit odd. Say you created a multiple choice question and set C as the correct answer when it should have been A. Are you able to just go into the quiz settings, change the correct answer to A and then regrade everyone's submissions? That's a lot more intuitive than going into one student's attempt to do the regrade.

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rake_9 and  @audra_agnelly .  I am going through older Quizzes.Next questions that are not marked "correct" or "assumed answered" to see if any updates are appropriate.  I see that Cody from Instructure replied to the original question and there hasn't been any new posts to the thread since last December.  I just checked my sandbox course it appears as though regrading is still accomplished the way you indicated Valerie and Cody confirmed.  I am going to go ahead and mark Cody's response as correct, but this doesn't impact anyone's ability to continue the threaded discussion.  I also checked open ideas and I don't believe a different way to regrade question in Quizzes.Next has been submitted as a feature idea.  If anyone is interested in doing so, the feature idea process is described here, How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?  

All the best!