cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wbechtold
Community Member

Copying Quiz.next Quizzes From One Course to Another

I apologize if someone else has already addressed this question, but it looks like Quizzes created in one class cannot be copied into another. Neither the instructions nor the questions copy over. Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a plan to allow such copying?

5 Replies
crystal_trotter

I believe they said this was going to be fixed by official production release but not official date of it yet. 

kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @wbechtold ‌,

Quizzes.Next is an LTI assignment. Canvas will copy the assignment part but the content from the external tool, in this case Quizzes.Next, is not copied. This is why you will see a second assignment with the same name, but no content once you enter Quizzes.Next. This is a known issue within the beta program and will be addressed before we become generally available / officially released.

Personally, I see the main benefit of searching for topical posts as being a way to discover context that had not been noticed. So I will list some here, but it's never a problem to have duplicate inquiries. That's just how conversations tend to work over time and your participation is appreciated.

Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison 

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/85320-type-feedback-title-here 

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

Thank you very much.

BSS
Community Member

New quizzes copying from one course to another is now included on the Feature Comparisons page, but as of this morning, I can't get a new quiz to copy from one course to another. Any updates on why this is still happening? These questions aren't in quiz banks and they are just text.

Like  0Reply
0 Kudos
erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, all,

Just as an update to this thread, New Quizzes should be working in course copies just fine. We also have what could be considered as a shortcut to the course copy process via our new Direct Share option (if it's been enabled for your institution): How do I use Direct Share to copy a quiz to another course in New Quizzes?  

Thanks,

Erin

0 Kudos