cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystal_trotter
Community Member

Creating through Modules instead of Assignments

Jump to solution

Our district currently creates through Modules so we are working on teaching a pilot group to add the external in an assignment through Modules. I have attached a video on how we would like to do this. Has anyone else run into a similar issue? Does anyone else create first by going to Modules? Teaching our teachers to go through Assignments would be backwards from what we have been doing for 4-5 years so we are trying to continue using the same steps and language as we have been if possible.

Quizzes LTI in Allen ISD Screencast 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @crystal_trotter ‌,

Your request was noted earlier, but regrettably, we did not followup with communications here. This feature is being considered for development.

You are still following the best process for creating a Quizzes.Next assessment from within Canvas Modules. Your video is excellent, by the way.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @crystal_trotter  

I have always created through Modules and teach my faculty to do same.

I have created at least two quizzes via modules for this beta, and it seems to work as expected; however, I do appreciate the quick creation- link available on the assignments index page.

Do you need help with something about this process?

Kelley

crystal_trotter
Community Member

We aren't having problems creating, I just need feedback on whether this is the best way to go about using it. We have had teachers import them into another course and it will be empty. It seems at this time, unless the teacher themselves created it, it won't import correctly. 

Hi  @crystal_trotter  

I reported this to the group a couple weeks ago, and others have chimed in.  While the quiz and its settings do import, none of the question items come with it.

Bad juju, this one!  I had faculty working on the new tool in their sandboxes with every intent to move them to a live section, and now they can't. Lots of wasted time for faculty with little extra time available and who generously volunteered to test this new product.

Kelley

kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @crystal_trotter ‌,

Your request was noted earlier, but regrettably, we did not followup with communications here. This feature is being considered for development.

You are still following the best process for creating a Quizzes.Next assessment from within Canvas Modules. Your video is excellent, by the way.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

0 Kudos