cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

ExamView Question Banks

Jump to solution

Is there any work on allowing users to be able to import ExamView question banks into the new quizzes? I have tried every ExamView export type but none of them load into the new quizzes. I know that currently I can just put it into the current quiz system then export it out again, but what are users going to do once the current system is completely replaced with Quizzes:Next? 

14 Replies
Highlighted

Jay,

Am I correct in my understanding of the system that using this method actually preserves the original Question Bank when creating the export?

If so, that is a tremendous advantage, allowing us to prep for full implementation of Quizzes Next without compromising what is currently in place.

Rick

0 Kudos
Highlighted

As far as I can tell, everything remains consistent between Quizzes and Quizzes.next. I only just figured this out so I haven't gotten into the minutiae yet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Canvas has put in the migrate quiz feature too which will migrate the old quizzes into the new quiz feature. I was thinking about just making a quiz with all the questions from the ExamView bank on it then migrating it over. The only thing I'm not sure about is if I delete that quiz once I do that, do the questions also delete from the question bank?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, the migrate quiz option is there, but it only migrates anything as quizzes. Item Banks are created via a separate process by importing QTI files, a process that has been fraught with challenges. The only other way of building Item Banks is to individually migrate specific questions to a bank. Very tedious.

As far as deleting questions, the quiz gets migrated as a whole new, Quizzes.next quiz so if you delete the old quiz, nothing changes in the Quizzes.next quiz.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

OK, I am starting to get a bit concerned about this. With the goal of removing the current quizzes by next year, there needs to be a solution for this because the workaround using the import feature won't be in place anymore when the old quizzes goes away. I tested this again today and still cannot import ExamView files.