cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hannah_crowder
Community Member

Extra credit

I am trying to give extra credit on a quiz by adding fudge points. The score in speedgrader says 11/10 but the score in the gradebook says 10/10. I am using quizzes.next and the new gradebook beta. Is there a work around for this? I am not sure if the issue is with the quizzes.next or the new gradebook beta.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hannah_crowder .  I did a bit of testing in my sandbox course and the results were a bit strange. 

Like you noted, if I use fudge points to add points to an assessment, it changes the value of the assessment noted at the bottom of the docviewer window but the score in the SpeedGrader window will not go above 100%.  Moreover, if no one has submitted a quiz, you can type a score in the SpeedGrader window directly but after any assessment has been submitted for any student then you can no longer type directly in the SpeedGrader interface.  This seems like strange behavior on both accounts and may be worth submitting a ticket to Canvas support so that they can take a look into the functionality of Q.Next within SpeedGrader.

You asked about a workaround.  I did notice that if you click on a cell in the new gradebook, then in the window that pops up (see sample below), you can type in a score above full value and use the next arrow to go from student to student doing the same.

292956_pastedImage_2.png

I hope this helps!

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hannah_crowder .  It has been a while since anyone posted to this thread so I thought I would check in and see if you are still running into the problem you noted in your original question.  If I remember correctly, there was some bug in the system at one point that was causing grading difficulties, but this was fixed a couple of months ago.  Have you tried using fudge points for extra credit recently and has it worked as expected?  I am going to go ahead and mark this as "assumed answered" for now, but this can be changed if needed and marking the question as assumed answered doesn't prevent continued discussion in the thread.

All the best!