cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How are you handling links to banks?

In classic quizzes, the link to quizzes is used then the kabob for more options to get to the question banks.

For teachers and classic quizzes, the above is fine but how about getting to the banks in quizzes.next? Are you adding a link in the navigation? Adding an assignment (quizzes.next), opening it, then going to banks is my current method but is there a better way (read: faster)?

Here is the current document for quizzes.next but it doesn't address building a link to the banks. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15076-4152783474 

5 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi lph.  I thought I would jump in and start the discussion.  We don't have many individuals outside of Canvas superusers using Quizzes.Next now, but we haven't done anything different than training folks how to use the default process for accessing question banks in Q.N.  Looking at the system just now, I am not sure what is possible.  In classic quizzes the banks have their own URL making it easy to link to, but in Quizzes.Next when I am in the question bank interface the URL always appears to remain the one for the assignment itself so linking to it would only take one back to the assignment (provided they have access to the assignment).  Being said, since the banks are linked to an individual, I can access all the same question banks from any course in Canvas, so an instructor could get to banks from a quiz created in a sandbox course as opposed to creating an assignment in their actually teaching shell.  Quizzes.Next being an LTI, any solution would need to include some way to launch the LTI.

I know this isn't too helpful and only discusses what could complicate solutions, so hopefully someone has a great idea! 

Best wishes!

Highlighted
Surveyor

Thank you ericwerth for jumping in. I noticed the URL, too, and should have stated that the redirect tool probably wouldn’t work. Maybe I’m missing something obvious. 

My experience with Quizzes.next is under 10 hours and so I’m trying to get up to speed. I see once in the banks then there is a return but don’t see a quick way to get to the banks. 

For now, going to an unpublished Quizzes.next assignment, then the banks is the fastest route. 

Assignment on navigation —> Quizzes.next assessment—> banks

Maybe a piggy bank icon next to the +Quiz/Test button in assignments would be ideal?

Highlighted
Surveyor

After thinking about the navigation, instead of a piggy icon, maybe it should mirror other locations; that is, the more option. From the assignment more options— add “manage item banks” and navigation becomes easier with less clicks. 

305711_BE4C40CA-0911-4466-88BF-8B3F0C23A3D8.jpeg

Highlighted
Learner II

ericwerth‌ is right and as far as I know lph‌ so are you. I use quizzes.next all the time and the only current way to access them is through an existing assignment. Having a link to Manage the Item Banks with as few clicks as possible would be ideal and as part of the traffic lights in the Assignment tab is a sensible suggestion. That said, it is just one thing of many that need to improve about Item Banks. A priority needs to be allowing sharing with other colleagues.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi lph and  Gideon.Williams@britishschool.nl.  I have been reviewing older questions and ran across this post.  Rather than mark a response as correct or assumed answered, it seems like this may be best changed to a discussion.  There doesn't appear to be a single correct answer, but possibly a number of ways folks choose to deal with the functionality.  I hope this is ok with everyone!

Best wishes!