cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefrey_matias
Surveyor

How do I copy a question bank to another course?

Hi!

I need copy only a question bank from a course to another. Is there possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HienDN
Surveyor

For New Quizzes, the item banks are account based.  I noticed that on a different course shell on the same account, you’ll have access to anything you made in an item bank. 

I do not know if an export package would actually save the item banks in the export package though.  That is unknown for me.

manuelgarciaph
Surveyor II

Yes, it is possible by importing content. Assuming that you are the teacher for both courses (one with the question bank and another one where you want to transfer it), follow these steps:

1. In the Course Navigation of the course where you want to transfer the question bank, click the Settings link.
  2. On the right side, Click the Import Course Content button.
  3. In the Content Type drop-down menu, select the Copy a Canvas Course option.
  4. In the Search for a course drop-down menu, search the original course where your question bank is located.
  5. In the Content section, click the Select specific content radio button.
  6. Click the Import button.
  7. In the Current Jobs section, click the Select Content button.
  8. Locate the Question Banks group. To view the Question Banks, click the group's expand icon.
  9. Select whatever questions banks you want to import then click Select Content.
  10. The Current Jobs section displays the status of your import. When done, go to the course where you imported the question bank(s) for verification.

What if you aren't the instructor in the other course. We have 7,000+ online students and 500 master shells. SME's and Instructional Designers create quizzes/exams in the master shell, which copies to live sections every 8 weeks. The people who develop the quizzes don't always teach, or teach all sections.

What do we do in that case?