cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtedders
Community Member

How do you view total points in a quiz?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to see the total number of points assigned to a quiz created in quizzes.next without having to add them manually?  How do total points in quiz setup work with points assigned per question in the quiz?Will you receive an error message if they do not equal?

Thank you,

Jan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Eric. I found the documentation that says this is #9 on the Prioritization Exercise Results - Display total points during build! Glad to know it's already on the radar. Hopefully, we will see it sooner than later. https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/quizzes

Looks like we will have our wish on June 22. Thank you Canvas!

Quizzes Total

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jtedders , 

A similar question came up earlier this year.  In the thread we discussed a bit about some of the behaviors we noticed about Quizzes.Next, Quizzes.next total quiz points. Does any of the information in this thread help answer your questions?

lauren_fox
Instructure
Instructure

We have this question too. Is there any way to see the total points calculated in Quizzes.next? It is odd that an instructor would need to manually calculate the total. Are we overlooking this feature? 

Hi  @lauren_fox .  In case you did not see it, I posted a reply to a similar question you wrote here, Quizzes.next total quiz points.  As I mentioned in the other thread, I am not sure this is helpful but wanted to bring it up!

Thank you Eric. I found the documentation that says this is #9 on the Prioritization Exercise Results - Display total points during build! Glad to know it's already on the radar. Hopefully, we will see it sooner than later. https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/quizzes

Looks like we will have our wish on June 22. Thank you Canvas!

Quizzes Total