cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is exporting from New Quizzes on the horizon?

Will there be functionality to export item banks from New Quizzes? I want to be able to share, but retain a safe back up on my desktop as a .QTI file. Currently, if I share an item bank, I give away the same permissions as I have to edit delete, etc... Too risky.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Wow.  I didn't know that was a condition of sharing a question bank.  Frankly, it's absurd. The programming to force someone to make a copy if they wanted to receive a "share" should be fairly simple.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Is exporting from the item banks considered to be feature parity with classic quizzes? I ask because it’s easy to export a single classic quiz (export >> radio button for quiz) but not a test bank and therefore will we be able to directly export or do we make a new quiz based on all the questions in the bank and export that quiz?

Highlighted
Surveyor

Any word on this? I teach at two different institutions, so a quick export/import of a question bank (without having to add every question into the quiz, and put them back into a new bank on the other side), would save me hours of time.

Highlighted

Hey, Rebekah,

I just noticed you submitted a feature idea to our ideas space—https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/16622-exportimport-new-quizzesquestion-banks 

Thanks for that! The ideas space is where our product team has been keeping track of feature ideas, so having your idea there will help them out as they continue to focus on building the roadmap.

Thanks,

Erin

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

As another update, item banks can be shared in New Quizzes, if you are also looking for that functionality: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26503-how-do-i-share-an-item-bank-in-new-quizzes 

Thanks,

Erin

Highlighted
Surveyor

Actually no, I don't think we are looking for a way to share an item bank, but simply to export/import a New Quiz the same way this is possible with the classic quizzes. A simple copy of the original quiz which can freely be modified without affecting the original quiz.