cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronmarx
Community Member

Is it possible to change points for a question after it's created?

Jump to solution

My question about adjusting points concerns a Matching type question in quizzes.next‌. Once the question is constructed and saved, I can't find the point assignment when I return to the edit mode.

My 6-term matching question was defaulted to one point, and now I can't go in to adjust? Canvas not only defaults to 1 point for obvious multiple point matching questions, but is also this unforgiving.

Say it's not so!

Thanks,

i.Ron

Point assignment for new questions:

299212_Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 9.46.44 AM.png

No point assignment for already created questions:

299228_Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 9.45.45 AM.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ronmarx .  I checked earlier today in my sandbox course and don't seem to have any trouble changing the point value of this type of question.  When I go to edit the question, I can see a box next to the feedback icon where I can edit the points (see below).  Is it possible this is related to the web browser you are using or the size of your computer screen?  If another browser shows the same problem I would contact Canvas Support and report the issue so that can look into what is happening since it should be possible to change the value after the question is created.

299236_pastedImage_2.png

All the best!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ronmarx .  I checked earlier today in my sandbox course and don't seem to have any trouble changing the point value of this type of question.  When I go to edit the question, I can see a box next to the feedback icon where I can edit the points (see below).  Is it possible this is related to the web browser you are using or the size of your computer screen?  If another browser shows the same problem I would contact Canvas Support and report the issue so that can look into what is happening since it should be possible to change the value after the question is created.

299236_pastedImage_2.png

All the best!

View solution in original post

Hi ericwerth , What browser were you using when you snapped the screen shots? I'm using Chrome (Mac) for daily work, not Firefox.

Hi  @ronmarx   I was using Chrome on my PC.  If you haven't tried FireFox you might.  Chrome has always been fairly stable for me but I do know of individuals who have found that something appears with one browser and not the other and then frequently at some point the browsers function the same again.  Don't know why, but . . .