cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillmallek
Learner II

Issues in First quiz

Hi,

So we created our first live quiz, and these are the issues/feedback that we've found so far. I apologize in advance for not checking if each of these have been reported so far.

1. There doesn't seem to be an option for when or how you limit students seeing correct answers. This is something we like being able to control, especially for students to not be able to see correct/incorrect answers until after a quiz has concluded.

2. We missed the red/green coloring to denote visually whether things were right or wrong.

3. There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the items you put into the assignment in Canvas, where it links to the LTI, currently. What if I want to change the date? I know I could use the calendar to drag/drop, but that's not as precise, for due and until dates.

4. When editing the quiz, when we tried to click Return in the top right, it doesn't do anything. I can tell from the hover over in the bottom left that it is pointing back to the class, but it didn't actually do anything or cause the browser to move forward.

I love a lot of the new features, but these are the issues so far...

3 Replies
kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi jillmallek‌,

1. The functionality to limit what a student can see from their submission is planned.

2. We use red/green coloring to visually denote correct/incorrect responses, and have no reports of this not working. Can you clarify this a little more?

3. You can edit the assignment details by clicking the assignment's option menu on the assignment page.

Assignment options menu

Selecting Edit will present you with a modal with a button, +More Options+, in the bottom-left corner.

Assignment details modal slice

Clicking +More Options+ will bring you to the assignment's settings.

4. We do not have any other reports of nothing happening after clicking +Return+ in the top right. Can you provide some additional context here? Are you still experiencing this issue?

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

jillmallek
Learner II

2. When you're editing a question currently, it uses red/green to show right/wrong still, even before the student takes it.

270492_question1.jpg

3. I swear I clicked More Options and it didn't do that! Sorry!

4. We just tried to replicate it, but we couldn't. I wonder if it was because we were in there building the quiz for a while, but when we tried to click Return, it wouldn't do anything, no spinning wheel, nothing. It did show the URL in the bottom left back to instructure, but it didn't do anything. If it does it again, I'll take a video, but we were in the quiz for about a half hour back and forth into different types (making/deleting/making). 

Additional question: I'm assuming you'll put in the preview function, as we have now, right? I can see it from student view, but I do have to publish it before seeing it currently, which, in my personal case, is okay, as I'm just demoing it to people.

Hi jillmallek‌,

Thank you for the screenshot and the feedback.

We do plan to build a preview function.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure