cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer III

Looking for Quizzes.Next Examples

Jump to solution

I feel like a whole new world opened for me with Quizzes.Next! Does anyone have suggestions for finding Quizzes.Next assignments in the Commons? A key word search gives me a few, however, after downloading to my practice course, I see a message of "Invalid Launch" for each one.

Or....is anyone willing to share?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rislis@holmen.k12.wi.us.  I would be happy to share some of what I have done, and you might have seen an assessment I posted as a test to the Commons earlier in the year.  Posting the assignment for Q.N doesn't seem to work, but I uploaded an entire course to the Commons with a single sample assessment ("Test Q.N Sample Course Export").  In my testing, importing the entire course will bring over the sample assessment, but an individual will be told that the item is "banked" and they can't edit the questions if they try to do so.

This assessment was put together to play around with various question types.  I have a number of other samples, but they are mostly M/C questions so not so interesting as a sample.  If you haven't already seen the following guide pages, they all have an example and is what I used when creating the sample assessment that I uploaded.

I hope this works for you but if not please let me know and I will give some thought to a different method!

From: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10460#jive_content_id_QuizzesNext 

How do I create a Categorization question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create an Essay question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a File Upload assessment question using Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Fill in the Blank question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Formula question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Hot Spot question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Matching question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Multiple Answer question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Multiple Choice question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Numeric question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create an Ordering question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a True or False question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I insert stimulus content in Quizzes.Next? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rislis@holmen.k12.wi.us.  I would be happy to share some of what I have done, and you might have seen an assessment I posted as a test to the Commons earlier in the year.  Posting the assignment for Q.N doesn't seem to work, but I uploaded an entire course to the Commons with a single sample assessment ("Test Q.N Sample Course Export").  In my testing, importing the entire course will bring over the sample assessment, but an individual will be told that the item is "banked" and they can't edit the questions if they try to do so.

This assessment was put together to play around with various question types.  I have a number of other samples, but they are mostly M/C questions so not so interesting as a sample.  If you haven't already seen the following guide pages, they all have an example and is what I used when creating the sample assessment that I uploaded.

I hope this works for you but if not please let me know and I will give some thought to a different method!

From: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10460#jive_content_id_QuizzesNext 

How do I create a Categorization question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create an Essay question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a File Upload assessment question using Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Fill in the Blank question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Formula question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Hot Spot question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Matching question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Multiple Answer question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Multiple Choice question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a Numeric question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create an Ordering question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I create a True or False question in Quizzes.Next? 

How do I insert stimulus content in Quizzes.Next? 

View solution in original post

Eric!  How kind of you!  This is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated. Thank you very much!

You are certainly welcome and best wishes!

Adventurer

I am having trouble here. When I opened the assignment, it goes back to the course home page with a red banner saying "Couldn't find valid settings for this link." Can you please help?

FYI: I have a Free-For-Teachers account.

Hi kelvin.dean97@gmail.com.  I looked into this a bit and from this discussion, https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/24046-quizzesnext-for-fft-accounts , it appears as though Quizzes.Next is not available in FFT accounts.  This probably explains the banner you noted.  However, the response suggests that at some point Quizzes.Next will be an option in Free-For-Teachers accounts.  

I hope this helps!