cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystal_trotter
Community Member

Matching: Points per match vs Points for entire Question

Jump to solution

Maybe we are doing it wrong, but it marks a matching questions wrong if a student misses a single match in the entire question. Is there a way to give each match a point value within a total point value of the question so if they get part of them right, they still get credit? Kind of like multiple choice? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
davidrcrockett
Surveyor

This seems like a no brainer, but yet here we are. Never once in my life have I ever been administered a matching quiz and told, if you get one wrong, you get them all wrong. I realize its still in Beta, but this needs to be fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @crystal_trotter .  I am going through older Quizzes.Next questions that haven't been marked as answered to see if any updates are appropriate.  Multiple answer questions are still all-or-nothing in Quizzes.Next, but as mentioned in a previous post, there is a very active discussion about the topic here, Scoring Multiple Answer questions, that everyone can speak in to.  For now I am going to mark one of the responses here as correct.  That doesn't prevent anyone from continuing to post here, but the best place to provide insight into scoring of multiple answer questions is the linked thread.  Thanks and best wishes!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
davidrcrockett
Surveyor

This seems like a no brainer, but yet here we are. Never once in my life have I ever been administered a matching quiz and told, if you get one wrong, you get them all wrong. I realize its still in Beta, but this needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
rebecca_haukaas
Surveyor II

YES! I have the same issue. I had to manually "fix" this for a test for each student. This really needs to be fixed. Thanks for posting this.

rebecca_haukaas
Surveyor II

Is this in the ideas section to vote on it?

ccalhoun1
Community Member

Has this been fixed?

Not yet.

Hi  @ccalhoun1 .  If you haven't seen this discussion thread created by Kevin Dougherty at Instructure about scoring multiple answer questions you might want to check it out.  There are good ideas in this thread, and you may want to add your thoughts if you have not already done so.

Scoring Multiple Answer questions 

Best wishes!

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @crystal_trotter .  I am going through older Quizzes.Next questions that haven't been marked as answered to see if any updates are appropriate.  Multiple answer questions are still all-or-nothing in Quizzes.Next, but as mentioned in a previous post, there is a very active discussion about the topic here, Scoring Multiple Answer questions, that everyone can speak in to.  For now I am going to mark one of the responses here as correct.  That doesn't prevent anyone from continuing to post here, but the best place to provide insight into scoring of multiple answer questions is the linked thread.  Thanks and best wishes!

0 Kudos