cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Moderate Quiz

I just created my first quiz in my sandbox.  Since I have 10 dummy student accounts enrolled in this course, I thought I would test Moderation. However, when I open Moderation the only person listed on the roster is myself, and it is displaying that I am attempting the quiz and am "In Progress".  The quiz was not published, I did not attempt it, and my course role is Teacher not Student. Furthermore, the Moderation Guide states,

"The Moderation Page includes the names of each student who completed the assessment..."

Bugs:

• Moderation must list the entire student roster,
  • And you must be able to moderate time limits for students prior to an attempt, especially if you are required to extend time limits in response to an ADA accommodation.
  • Course builder (teacher or equivalent role) should not be shown as having attempted the quiz, let alone as being "In Progress", and especially without a method or tool for canceling or submitting that attempt.

Thank you,

Kelley

8 Replies
jsparks
Instructure
Instructure

Kelley,

Can you confirm?  The moderation panel does show the full roster.  Are you commenting from an error in the documentation or on observed behavior in the application? If you can email me details, we will want to investigate.  You should see the full roster for moderation in a course.

Jason

Hi jason, and thanks for getting back to me.

I have since I first posted this, logged in as some of my dummy enrollments, but here is a screenshot of Moderation for my Quizzes LIT quiz.........

255304_pastedImage_1.png

Note: I am still in progress several days later.

Here is a screenshot of my sandboxe's course roster, and you will note a lot of missing bodies in Moderation when you compare. The only users displaying in Moderation are users for which I have logged in as to test the quiz - and myself of course, but I shouldn't be there............

255311_pastedImage_2.png

I hope this helps,

Kelley

A00301621
Surveyor

I tried the moderation also to add time adjustments and it is not saving the settings that I add.

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user‌

Moderation is still not displaying my entire student roster; and in fact, it is only displaying two users with a teacher role two of my test quizzes, and in the third it is displaying those same two teachers, and the Test Student.

My previous post demonstrates the disparity between the Moderation Roster, and the People list. this limits my ability to verify functionality.

Kelley

jsparks
Instructure
Instructure

Hello, Kelley,

Thank you for bringing this up. Would you please contact support so that we can document the issue and investigate?  I hope you are well!

Regards,

Jason

On it right now, Deactivated user!

Case number 03214250

christopher_phi
Adventurer

Hello  @kmeeusen ‌, we are starting to use Quizzes.Next more and have come across this issue - have you ever found any workarounds or hear back on your case listed above from Instructure? 

If you are interested, i have added a feature request to hopefully resolve it: 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13692-ability-to-moderate-a-quizzesnext-quiz-before-a-student-... 

Hi  @christopher_phi  

I also saw your recent conversation with ericwerth‌ on this topic..................

No, I never heard anything further from Canvas Support on this issue, I don't think that Jason Sparks is still with Canvas, and from my perspective - I am hugely dissatisfied with Quizzes.Next.

I really wish I had better answers for you, but I don't.

Kelley