cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Monitoring: No Extra Attempts

Unable to grant extra attempts to individual students for exams.  This will be a problem for various placement exams that allow extra attempts based on permissions after a verification on a per-user basis.

This will also be an issue if there are technical issues causing a student's exam to become submitted without the student able to complete their input.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi kbutts‌,

While there isn't yet the option to give only a single student the ability to take a second attempt, the multiple attempts feature is being used this way, often coupled with some manual monitoring of the Moderate page. For example, perhaps an entire cohort takes a single assessment during week 1, and some participants will re-take the assessment in week 2. The assessment settings can be updated to allow for multiple attempts and the Moderate page's listings will show which students have a second attempt.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

0 Kudos
Highlighted

But when will this be corrected? This is THE single reason we had to come off of Quizzes.Next the the ONLY reason we are not going back into it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi aleverton‌,

I understand that this continues to be a serious limiter for some schools interested in adopting Quizzes.Next. I cannot offer a specific timeline but this is on our roadmap and is something important to resolve -- Instructure (and I personally) take accessibility issues seriously. Hopefully this functionality in Canvas Quizzes continues to meet your needs.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

Highlighted
Surveyor

This is a key requirement as some technical problem should occur and it is necessary to be able to allow a student to take the quiz again. This is a deal breaker as we expect our student sot take these assessments on line but there is no way to fix if there are technical problems. Not very good thinking of what is best for students by the developers.

This is needed as the canvas quiz module does not allow pooled questions to be scrambled to prevent cheating.