Multiple Attempts Per Quiz Question AND.OR unique point values

0 Likes
(1)

So this is the time for innovation with New Quizzes, right?! It seems like such an easy concept that I'm shocked I can't find anything about it. 

I am an instructional designer assisting with multiple medical education courses that need to have a quiz/assessment show question at a time (got that), but it needs multiple attempts per question (don't have that, only multiple attempts per entire quiz). 

For example, on a multiple choice question, with four possible answers, a student choose one answer, but they didn't get it right. They should be able to have limited or unlimited attempts to answer that question BEFORE being able to move on to the next question. 

Now for icing on the cake, unique point values would be assigned by question attempt. The first time you answer a question correctly you get 4pts. If it takes you multiple attempts, you might get 2pts for the 2nd try etc. 

Please help, please look at advanced functionality for advanced learning!

3 Comments
Steven_S
Community Champion

This sounds like a good idea to propose here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/idb-p/ideas
and then provide a link to your idea here so others can find it and vote on it

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

As part of the merger of the New Quizzes Transition and the New Quizzes User Groups, we converted this conversation into an Idea.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.