cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinkows4
Community Member

New Quizzes Moderate Page Now Buried?

Jump to solution

Our instructors and TAs are complaining about how hard it is to get to the New Quiz Moderate page after recent New Quiz changes. Am I missing something, or is this now the only way to get to the Moderate area of a new quiz?

1. Click the new quiz.
  2. The Edit quiz settings page opens. 
  3. Scroll down and click Save. (Even though you have no changes.)
  4. The New Quizzes page opens. 
  5. Now click Moderate. 

It used to just be click the new quiz and then click Moderate.

I have never seen a scenario in any software where the user has to click Save just to reach another page when the user has no edits. This design seems very counterintuitive, and I'm getting a number of emails where people think Moderate disappeared entirely.

Is there a workaround or easier way to get to the Moderate page? 

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rhenri24
Community Member

@pinkows4 I agree with everything you have said. Check out https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/The-Canvas-tl-dr/Timing-Feedback-Needed-NQ-Instructor-Workflow-Ch... for change that has been implemented in Beta and will be in Prod soon. There will be a "Build" button in New Quizzes for when you want to go to the quiz questions or Moderate. Still too many clicks, in my opinion, but at least not as confusing how to get there now. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rhenri24
Community Member

@pinkows4 I agree with everything you have said. Check out https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/The-Canvas-tl-dr/Timing-Feedback-Needed-NQ-Instructor-Workflow-Ch... for change that has been implemented in Beta and will be in Prod soon. There will be a "Build" button in New Quizzes for when you want to go to the quiz questions or Moderate. Still too many clicks, in my opinion, but at least not as confusing how to get there now. 

View solution in original post

@rhenri24 Thank you so much! I hadn't read about the Build button coming soon. Like you, I still don't like the additional clicks, but the addition of the Build button is much better than the unintuitive Save button to get to the Build page.