cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

New Quizzes: QTI Import Oddity

I had a faculty member unknowingly (see Footnote) attempt to import a QTI 1.1.3 zip file as a "New Quizzes" type assessment. The results were a bit confusing.

New Quizzes quiz was created with no questions. I understand why no questions were added as import to this tool supports QTI 1.2. But why was a NQ quiz created at all?

Even more bizzare, a legacy question bank was created. I would assume that choosing "New Quizzes" would have completey sidetracked the legacy process, and that the import would have instead failed to create a NQ item bank just like it failed to add the questions to the assessment. Why did this happen?

Footnote

And, for the record, offering the option during QTI import to "Import assessment content as New Quizzes" uses language that is too close to "Import assessment content as a new quiz" -- which is what the eye/brain sees when glancing at the option -- of course we want a new quiz, that's what we are trying to do, gotta mark that box! Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Found this out this morning...

I have added a comment to the Help Guide to ask them to make clear that Respondus will not work as it is 1.1.3. Also asked them to update the link to the help guide.

The work around  is not too painful - Import to Classic Quizzes and Migrate to New Quizzes. 

More frustrating is then having to manually add them to Item Banks...

Going to have a word with Respondus to see when they will be updating their QTI feature.