cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

New Quizzes shows as Assignment

Jump to solution

When I created a a quiz using "New Quizzes" in the Quiz section and then attempt to add it to a module, the "New Quiz" doesn't show up in Quizzes.  But it does show up in Assignments.  Is this a clitch or will this always be the case. 

Also, I cannot create a quiz using the "New Quizzes" feature directly in a module, only through Quizzes and selecting

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey @mark_korell !

New Quizzes are actually Canvas Assignments that use the external tool submission feature.  This is why they show up in Assignments and not Quizzes when adding to a module.  I have not heard if this will eventually change or if this is the way it will always be.

Since the New Quizzes are Assignments, the way you can create a New Quiz from Modules is to create an Assignment. When editing the Assignment, choose External Tool as submission type and select Quizzes 2 as the external tool.

NQ.png

This should allow you to create the New Quiz from modules.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey @mark_korell !

New Quizzes are actually Canvas Assignments that use the external tool submission feature.  This is why they show up in Assignments and not Quizzes when adding to a module.  I have not heard if this will eventually change or if this is the way it will always be.

Since the New Quizzes are Assignments, the way you can create a New Quiz from Modules is to create an Assignment. When editing the Assignment, choose External Tool as submission type and select Quizzes 2 as the external tool.

NQ.png

This should allow you to create the New Quiz from modules.

View solution in original post