cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer III

No navigation when viewing an attempt

If the instructor accesses a quiz attempt via the  Moderate tab, there UI does not provide a widget to return to the main Moderate screen.  One's only recourse is to use the browser Back button.

Description of the Bug:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create a quiz
  2. Take the quiz as a student
  3. Open the quiz as an instructor and click moderate
  4. Click the link to the attempt taken by the student so you can see the student's response.  Note there the tabbed navigation at the top of the screen is missing.  The only way to return to the Moderate page is to click back in the browser.  In other screens, such a the quiz log and reports, the tabbed navigation at the top of the page continues to be visible.

This document was generated from the following discussion: [TYPE BUG TITLE HERE]

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi leward@iu.edu,

I am glad that you brought up this functionality of the UI.  I ran into the same situation recently but hadn't remembered to submit a discussion or bug related to it.  I agree that a return option would be very helpful!

Instructure
Instructure

Hi leward@iu.edu‌,

Thank you posting your concern.

I am familiar with the behavior you are describing. Would you please expand on why you feel this is a bug?

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

Hi kdougherty@instructure.com

I consider this a bug because all other screens in Quizzes.Next provide the means to return to navigate to a different page within the tool and as well as to return to the course.  When viewing an attempt, there are no navigational tools and the only recourse is to use the browser back button.  I can't think of any other tool or screen in Canvas where the user is expected to use a browser button to navigate to to a different screen. 

Good point, and thank you for clarifying. I agree that inconsistency creates concern and the navigation should be improved.