cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner

Previewing Quizzes in Quiz LTI

Jump to solution

Is there a way to preview a quiz created with the LTI that doesn't involve exiting out, entering student view, and taking the quiz that way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi jmattern@interact.ccsd.net‌,

Quiz Preview has not yet been built but is in our plans. You have identified an effective workaround to be used in the meantime.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi jmattern@interact.ccsd.net‌,

Quiz Preview has not yet been built but is in our plans. You have identified an effective workaround to be used in the meantime.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jmattern@interact.ccsd.net.  I am revisiting older Quizzes.Next questions to see if updates are appropriate.  I see that Kevin with Instructure responded but that there has not been additional updates to the thread since December.  A preview function has come up a number of times (see Quizzes.Next Preview function, for example) so I am encouraged that the feature is in the plans for Quizzes.Next.  I am going to go ahead and mark Kevin's response as correct, but that won't prevent anyone from continuing the discussion in this thread if desired.

All the best!

Highlighted

This is not an effective workaround. The notifications option means students can set their account to alert them to when any assignment, quiz, etc is created, making it visible to them when it's published. The point of previewing is to look at things before allowing students access. This is not acceptable in a test/quiz tool as it threatens the integrity of the test questions by having them available to students outside their assigned test hours.

Highlighted

I believe the idea is that you would build your test in a workroom, then move it over to your live course when it is ready. I agree with you that this workaround is not very practical and am eagerly awaiting the preview tool.

0 Kudos