cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pecchiog
Community Participant

Print Classic Quizzes vs. New Quizzes

So I've been working on the print piece in Canvas quizzes since we began three years ago. I found two workarounds for classic quizzes that work moderately well. I found one today that works perfectly and easily for Classic quizzes, but still not for new quizzes. 

In Google Chrome, install the extension GOFULLPAGE. Clicking this extension in the edit or preview mode of a classic quiz saves it as a PDF and does not cut off the questions. 

For new quizzes, well...this almost works except the way the iframe is built, the auto scrolling occurs in the wrong window and only captures a screenshot of what's visible. Because you have the numbered questions in a thin frame, the navigation in a frame, and the quiz in a frame, I assume the script doesn't know what to record. 

Here is my question:

If Canvas could adjust the way the framing is built within the page, GOFULLPAGE and other full page capture extensions would do the trick. Perhaps instead of trying to build in any kind of print option, this would be a more expedient answer. 

I also thought, well, if I could migrate my new quizzes to classic quizzes this would also work, but I realize that isn't an option since classic quizzes are on their way out the door. I did try hacking in the developer tools of Chrome to enable full screen capturing of a page for new quizzes, but still ran into the same problems. 

3 Replies
bowmanr
Community Champion

@pecchiog 

Glad you found full page.

Take a look at my response in this question - you may find a better way to do what you want

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/Downloading-a-student-s-quiz-with-his-her-answers/...

Ron

pecchiog
Community Participant

Thanks Ron. I read the exchange on there but it basically says the same thing and gives me a link to FullPage. Do you have a solution to the problem I described where it will not autoscroll all the way down? 
bowmanr
Community Champion

@pecchiog 

I may have misunderstood your post.  You are looking for a way to print New Quizzes.  I was thinking classic quizzes - for classic quizzes I would use the javascript I mentioned.

For new quizzes, you should be able to highlight the entire quiz and print it - that probably would be better than full page.  Full page would work better if you pay for it.

Ron