cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Printing Quizzes

Jump to solution

I know that printing quizzes while using an online learning platform seems a bit silly, but we have students who have 504's and IEP's that explicitly state they are not to test online so being able to print quizzes is very important. I was really excited about the new quizzes because when I watched the video about it from InstructureCon I was pretty sure they said that we would be able to print quizzes cleanly. Is this a feature that has been removed from the roadmap? I need to know so I can begin preparing digital copies of all my tests. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi arnold.cassie@blvs.org‌,

We know printing is important and it is still on the roadmap for Quizzes.Next. There are many things to consider in getting this feature right and we are working on those plans.

Beyond printing, and generally speaking, the features that have been shared in proofs of concepts, demos, and presentations have not been removed from the roadmap. Though some individual feature behaviors do evolve a bit as we get feedback from the beta.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Being able to print the questions (preferably with the choice to randomise) is also important to us. Tutors who organise class tests using automated assessment are required by our exams department to have a backup plan which is usually having paper copies. Sincerely hope the Printable /PDF-exportable quizzes vote is successful.

#PrintingQuizzes

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi arnold.cassie@blvs.org‌,

We know printing is important and it is still on the roadmap for Quizzes.Next. There are many things to consider in getting this feature right and we are working on those plans.

Beyond printing, and generally speaking, the features that have been shared in proofs of concepts, demos, and presentations have not been removed from the roadmap. Though some individual feature behaviors do evolve a bit as we get feedback from the beta.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am glad to hear this is being worked on. We have been looking for ways to print quizzes for some time.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi arnold.cassie@blvs.org.  I am going through older Quizzes.Next questions that have not been marked as answered to see if updates are appropriate.  I see that there has not been any post to this thread since April.  I too look forward to a printing option so am encouraged by Kevin's response here.  Based on his reply, I am going to mark this post as "correct".  This doesn't prevent additional discussion on this thread if appropriate.

All the best!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

As finals in our high school are coming quickly I am getting questions about how to print a quiz in Quizzes.next. It is a requirement in our building that teachers print out a hard copy of every final they give. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Attempting to revive this post a little bit - is there any update on the timeframe for when this option might be made available? I know it was on the roadmap in early 2019, but as we close out 2019 and continued progress is made towards Quizzes.next being the eventual replacement for the current quiz tool, this is a necessary feature if full teacher buy-in is to occur. Like others who have commented here and in other threads, K-12 educators are federally mandated to print quizzes if that accommodation exists on an IEP.

Until printing is an option, Quizzes.next will not gain much more traction in my district, and likely in many others. 

Highlighted

Hi seth.slater@nacs.k12.in.us  I agree that it is good to keep this question active.  I haven't heard of a planned update for printing beyond what you already mentioned but believe it will be a much appreciated feature when added.  I'm not sure how this will be handled in situations where media of some type is included in the quiz, but just being able to print a cleanly formatted quiz will be great.  It would also be nice to print an answer key as well.

Highlighted
Community Member

I fail to see how this is still an issue. It is a requirement that we be able to print quizzes for students. Canvas is notorious for taking years to develop the basic functionality that we need as high school teachers. It is the middle of 2020 and yet I cannot get any information about when there will be a fix for this. Is it still even in the works? 

Highlighted
Surveyor

Is there a solution now? Or coming soon?