cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kda106
Community Participant

Quiz Migration Settings

Jump to solution

Hi! Is there a list anywhere of the settings or items that do not migrate from the old quizzes to the new? Things such as instructions and time limits.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @kda106 ‌,

I am not aware of any document listing this specific information. We continue to work on the remaining item/question types and the plan is that all of them will migrate successfully (most of them do so now). Title and instructions will also migrate but settings, such as time limits and feedback, will not. Migrating settings is still under consideration but a lower priority than the content.

Additionally, the "Text (no question)" type in Canvas will migrate to Quizzes.Next as a stimulus. By default, stimulus without associated questions are not shown to the student, so there will be a need for instructors to review assessments at some point between content migration and use with learners. We understand that this is not how everyone has used this question type but this is the best of our available options. The bigger goal here is to get as much of the content, if not all of it, into Quizzes.Next as easily as possible in a single try.

For the sake of future readers, I'd like to remind everyone that Quizzes.Next and Canvas Quizzes will live side-by-side for quite a while (1+ years at least) and we have no plan/desire/intent/want for a hard transition date. I understand there may be some skepticism about this, but please remember that Canvas, and Instructure as a whole, are and have been different. I and the rest of the team are continuously working to improve our understanding of client workflows so that we can support the people who will be taking on the content migration responsibility for their institutions.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kdougherty1
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @kda106 ‌,

I am not aware of any document listing this specific information. We continue to work on the remaining item/question types and the plan is that all of them will migrate successfully (most of them do so now). Title and instructions will also migrate but settings, such as time limits and feedback, will not. Migrating settings is still under consideration but a lower priority than the content.

Additionally, the "Text (no question)" type in Canvas will migrate to Quizzes.Next as a stimulus. By default, stimulus without associated questions are not shown to the student, so there will be a need for instructors to review assessments at some point between content migration and use with learners. We understand that this is not how everyone has used this question type but this is the best of our available options. The bigger goal here is to get as much of the content, if not all of it, into Quizzes.Next as easily as possible in a single try.

For the sake of future readers, I'd like to remind everyone that Quizzes.Next and Canvas Quizzes will live side-by-side for quite a while (1+ years at least) and we have no plan/desire/intent/want for a hard transition date. I understand there may be some skepticism about this, but please remember that Canvas, and Instructure as a whole, are and have been different. I and the rest of the team are continuously working to improve our understanding of client workflows so that we can support the people who will be taking on the content migration responsibility for their institutions.

-

Kevin Dougherty

Assoc. Product Manager, Assessments

Instructure

View solution in original post