cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quizzes.Next Documentation & Release Notes Update

Quizzes.Next Documentation & Release Notes Update

The long-awaited day is almost here; Quizzes.Next will be available for all paid accounts starting tomorrow. I’d like to share what this means for documentation and release notes.

Documentation

For now, Quizzes.Next documentation will continue to live in the Quizzes.Next User Group. On July 14, the date of the next Canvas release, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides (link updated 9/26/18). Both Quizzes.Next and Canvas Quizzes documentation will be found in the Canvas Guides, until Canvas Quizzes reaches its end of life.

Release Notes

Quizzes.Next updates will be now included in the Release Notes: Canvas This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time that the Canvas release occurs. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.

If you have any questions that relate to documentation and release notes, please add them below. If you do not have Quizzes.Next and would like to add it to your Canvas instance, please contact your Customer Success Manager.

Labels (2)
Comments

When the Guides are moved into the Instructor and Student sections, respectively, will they all be lumped under Quizzes, or will there be a separate Quizzes.next category?  FWIW, I hope it is within it's own category. And, will Quizzes.next really continue to be how the new tool is referenced, even though the button in the interface is Quiz/Test, or are there plans to rebrand it now that it is out of beta development?

Hi vanzandt,

The Quizzes and Quizzes.Next lessons will be organized in different categories to help avoid confusion.

My understanding is that the Quizzes.Next branding will remain for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure if this will change down the road whenever Canvas Quizzes is deprecated and Quizzes.Next becomes the sole Instructure-maintained quizzing option in Canvas.

Thanks for the quick answers!

I am reading about Quizzes.Next and would like to try it, but I do not see it as an option in Assignments. I read this is available for all paid accounts (which my district has). Does my administrator need to request it or somehow turn it on - or am I missing something? Thanks for your help. 

Hi lisa.moore@nicolet.us, I just double checked to be sure, but Quizzes.Next is something that administrators can set to on, off, or allow.  If your administrator has it turned to "allow" you would still need to turn on the feature in your class by going to "settings", and "feature options".

I hope this helps!

My biggest concern, as evidenced by a question above in this document, is that faculty will now find Quizzes Next and start asking us to enable it. We aren't prepared to do that yet, mainly because (AFAIK) you still can't use an LTI within an LTI. We use Kaltura videos extensively, and have a link in the text editor for adding these videos. Until this is supported, I don't know how we can adopt Quizzes Next.

We'd also like to see this functionality. It would be nice if they would track this feature requirement on either the Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison or the Known Issues: Quizzes.Next.  Or, maybe they have and I've just missed it in my quick review.

It made since to me and I really enjoyed read it. Thank you very much will be back, my first here .

I agree with vanzandt - I wasn't aware of this LTI within LTI  problem because it is not in the Feature Comparison or Known Issues documents.  Can it please be added?  Who would do that?

What other issues are not on these lists?

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎08-21-2020 01:46 PM
Updated by: